Isa Bey Mosque is located in the Selcuk district of Izmir, between the Temple of Artemis and the Church of Saint Jean. It was built in 1375 by Aydınoğlu İsa Bey. It is the work of the architect Şamlı Ali. Isa Bey Mosque is one of the oldest and most spectacular works of Turkish architectural history from the Anatolian Principalities period. It was also used as a caravanserai in the 19th century. The two entrance doors of the mosque, which was built on an unsymmetrical plan, are on the west and east sides. The western door is decorated with inscriptions and geometric shapes. The west side walls are covered with marble, while the other facades are made of cut stone. Its facade, window edges and the pulley of both domes are decorated with Seljuk tiles. One of the two minarets rising above the east and west doors of the mosque was completely destroyed, and the other one above the balcony was destroyed by earthquakes in the middle of the 16th century. The roofs of the mosque were also destroyed in the same earthquakes. In 1975, the roof and walls were repaired and opened to worship again with the improvement works made by the Seljuk Mufti Abdullah Arılık in 1975.